I think thongs are starting to fade out!!!

Carrielee3614

So I work at Victoria's Secret and I have noticed that thongs are starting to fade. We keep less of them in stock and more of the regular and cheeksters, because their slower moving. Don't get me wrong their are still some girls that buy them but not near as many as there use to be. Please comment and let me know what you think.

stringit21

lvl 100 thief ;)
from what my gf says it's because v.s. is of course pretty damn expensive. it's not that thongs are fading it's more that you can buy cheaper elsewhere and then just treat yourself to a nice v.s. One every once in awhile

poth2747

tell me about your self how old are you what type of panties you wear and what size most older women I know wear bikini underwear and boy shorts own a couple thongs they are in there 40's

some guy

Yes it does, my gf and I just went to VS yesterday and bought 7 thongs for $27. Well, some of them are technically "cheekies," but they're still essentially thongs.

stringit21

lvl 100 thief ;)
ah okay. good point but not exactly what they consider and actual thong though if I understand you correctly

Captain

My gf is 23 and wears only thongs and G-strings. She use to buy more VS but realised quality and styles are now equally matched buy other retailers. The VS sales don't seem to include there full range, only the plainer ones from what I can tell when we go in there.

cheesewiz

I live in a city that has a 2 VS and work in 2 cities that also have VS and I notice how the different store locations have different stock levels of thongs.
In the city that has a VS and a PINK, they seem to display many more thongs in lots more colors, I assume because there's more young people.
In the city that has a smaller VS and no PINK, they display less thongs, but I also never end up shopping at that store for my GF because they never seem to have what I want.
Probably a catch 22. They display less thongs, people buy less thongs...

P

Pantysoaker

I don't think they are going anywhere. From my sisters (teenagers) to my wife all the way to my mom (early 60's) they all wear mostly thongs. However, I am still a huge fan of the cheekies and hip huggers, so as long as they aren't wearing briefs like the 80's and 90's, we'll all get through this.

As long as yoga pants are around, thongs will be as well.

cheesewiz

Another thing I've noticed is some retailers stocking more thongs. Urban Outfitters hasn't carried thongs since maybe 2007. Mostly really ugly frumpy boyshorts.
Went the other day and now they carry cosabella thongs by the rackfull

cnich

I dont think thongs are going away. You just have to know who is wearing them. What I mean by this is that is it is not the younger teens or 20's that are into them as much. My wife is an avid thong wearer and she is in her upper 20's, her mother is in her mid 40's and wears them occasionally. It is the older ladies that I find wear them more often than the younger ladies. Proof of this is at work I have seen in the past week three thongs from a 40, and two 50 year olds. All three of them did not fit what I would classify as a thong wearer. They just did not look like they would be wearing one. I was mistaken when one squatted down and 4 inches of her thong popped out, the second was wearing a black thong under a white lace dress that was 100% see through, and the third had a black thong under see through floral pants. Not what I was expecting but seems to me 30 on up are still wearing thongs.

Last edited:

tmania13

I agree that the younger age girls are the ones wearing them less, in favor of boyshorts/cheekies. I think that's because of how fashion has changed. When low rise jeans came out, all thongs were pretty high cut. It took awhile for the low rise thongs to really catch on. Now, all the shorts and pants are high waisted but thongs are mostly still super low rise. Imagine trying to wear high waist shorts with a super low rise thong... Probably very uncomfortable and more likely to cause panty lines. The younger girls are more likely to dress in this newer style and they have realized that the low rise thongs just don't match. That's my wild theory. What do you guys think?