Verify Your Account!!!!

Scott

Staff member
Mod
So here is where I'm at with some of the problems we're having...
  • Posters that post 1 pic and then leave to never return
  • Posters that post lots of picture claimin they're their own
  • a lack of any type of guidelines on posting: what type of pictures are allowed and such, minimum resolutions, correct orientations...
  • when does a thread get deleted or moved

What problems do you guys see? Help us out here. :D

plus5nine

Re: Let's Talk Rules!

I agree 100% with what Scott has presented. Please bring your thoughts to this discussion. Our mission is to have a better members thread and provide a better user experience.

ThongKing

Staff member
Site Owner
Mod

Some suggestions for you guys. Not sure if they are any help though.

Maybe new posters should have to write a little bio about their partner and what type of content they have/are willing to post.

New member should always try to include a verification picture such as holding a whaletail-forum.com sign and if they can't then another form of evidence should be included.

As I say just a few ideas. I don't spend much time here so I am not sure how practical these ideas are so feel free to completely ignore them :)

some guy

Don't see a problem with the "one and done" thing. Maybe some people have one epic pic they want to share, and then decide not to share anymore.

Not everyone is going to be a superstar like Scott and Dawn. That's what makes you so popular.

MinxSA

Great topic, I think those who just want to post content should do it in other sections. The members section should be reserved for those who post content on themselves or an actual partner.
Some guideline would be useful to new posters.

OhioTater

There is a section for people that just want to post random pictures. It down in the amateur section.

ThongWife

I don't really think the posting a picture with a sigh thing will work because like in my situation I really don't feel like making up a sign cuz I'm pure lazy.she knows I post here but I'm not going to spend time doing that. Would rather just t's capture some thong pics and be done. It just bothers me when people create an account for whatever reason and never use them to write comments ect. Any account that is older than a year with less than 1 comment should just be removed.

K

kiyoothong

Yeah, there are just too many threads in this section, and a lot of them are just pictures. Some of the threads just die out because the users don't update them or because they are just boring in general. We need more variety and more content, not just pictures. Some biography or some stories related to the photos would make the threads more interesting.
I think we should delete the threads that aren't active. There are just too many threads to look at, and this makes it difficult for users to follow and comment.

Proudbf

Too many threads?
Some users need to use the "What's New?" button under the "Donate" in the top left. That way they don't comment on a dead thread

ThongKing

Staff member
Site Owner
Mod

How about adding a sub section to the member's section where old posts that are never updated go?

K

kiyoothong

How about adding a sub section to the member's section where old posts that are never updated go?

Yes, that would be good. I just think that some old posts are too good to be thrown away

plus5nine

Maybe we can create an ongoing thread for one picture posts. For instance a one stop place for members to upload a quick one time photo if they don't desire an ongoing thread with multiple continuing pictures.

ThongKing

Staff member
Site Owner
Mod

All good ideas but yeah I don't think anything should ever be deleted, just moved to a different place

plus5nine

All good ideas but yeah I don't think anything should ever be deleted, just moved to a different place

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the past you have commented about size of pictures and how much space this takes up and has a relationship to cost. Why would you want to keep data that is not of significance?

ThongKing

Staff member
Site Owner
Mod

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the past you have commented about size of pictures and how much space this takes up and has a relationship to cost. Why would you want to keep data that is not of significance?

Space is not really an issue as most images on this site are stored on 3rd party sites like imagebam. The images uploaded using the site's attachment function take up some space but as no one really uses that function it doesn't matter too much.

If space did become an issue it would be helpful to have a section where outdated threads are that I could easily delete.

I just like to keep images for new members that may not have seen the old stuff.

Scott

Staff member
Mod

This section could be just as special as the regular section where we could stick the good ones?

Secretwifepics

Just catching up on this, i think that if a thread goes more than 6 months inactive than it should be moved to a different thread

Scott

Staff member
Mod

I don't really think the posting a picture with a sigh thing will work because like in my situation I really don't feel like making up a sign cuz I'm pure lazy.she knows I post here but I'm not going to spend time doing that. Would rather just t's capture some thong pics and be done. It just bothers me when people create an account for whatever reason and never use them to write comments ect. Any account that is older than a year with less than 1 comment should just be removed.

For me, some type of verification that a) the person pictured consents to their image being posted for thousands to see and b) that you're legit would seem appropriate.