Update & Maintenance Log

ThongKing

Staff member
Site Owner
Mod
I will post all of the updates that I make to the site on this thread. Feel free to add any suggestions to the updates you want to see.

Update 1 (26/10/17):
  • Removed Malware causing Google Chrome and other browsers to label Whaletail-Forum as a dangerous site
  • Removed the faulty like button feature
  • Fixed the login issue where users would enter their login details but would only see a page of coding text and could not login
Update 2 (29/10/17):
  • Fixed the login issue where you would login but then be taken to a page of code text and you would have to refresh the page to continue.
  • Fixed the site logo issue where you click it and be taken to an error page. (This has been an issue with the site pretty much since it first started and I have had many complaints about it. So it is good to finally have it fixed!)
Update 3 (08/11/17):
  • Fixed the search function (finally)
  • Fixed the 'New posts' function - Members can now click the 'new posts' button to see the latests posts
  • Fixed the 'Find latest posts/threads' function - Members can now go on a members profile and find their latest posts and threads
Update 4 (23/11/17):
  • Inactive Level 70 Section removed
Update 5 (21/01/18):
  • Celebrity Leaked Photos and Videos Section Added)
  • The password is the same as the Celebrity Thong Videos and Private Section
  • You can get the password HERE
Update 6 (12/02/19):
  • Major site update! Old and out of date vBulletin software replaced by the newer and more stable Xenforo forum software.
  • 20 images per a post limited removed
  • Chat box could not be copied over. Looking to purchase a new one if there is enough interest.
Update 7 (04/03/19):
  • Minor cosmetic updates:
  • Dark blue boarder added to all threads and individual post boxes
  • Sticky threads now stand out more. Background colour has been changed to yellow and sticky thread pin icon has been changed to red
Update 8 (20/04/19):
  • Chat box added! (All non members may be banned from commenting if they keep posting unrelated or weird comments)
  • User registration bug fixed. New users can now join the site again
  • New Whaletail-Forum Offical YouTube Channel created. Site updates and behind the scenes content will be posted there
Update 9 (04/08/19):
  • Site server updated. Costs me more money each month but hopefully you should have noticed that there has been much less website downtime over the last few months.

Last edited:

ThongKing

Staff member
Site Owner
Mod
Update 2 (29/10/17):
  • Fixed the login issue where you would login but then be taken to a page of code text and you would have to refresh the page to continue.
  • Fixed the site logo issue where you click it and be taken to an error page. (This has been an issue with the site pretty much since it first started and I have had many complaints about it. So it is good to finally have it fixed!)

Last edited:

nsfwsubalt

Suggestions:

The level 70 section. In my opinion open it up to the public, get rid of it or move it down. It's smack dab in the middle of two public sections and it's kind of clutter for anyone that doesn't have access. Also the only way to get access is to ask someone that hasn't signed in since 6 months ago and the criteria to join is "Just ask for it here, but do not automatically expect an invite"? How many people have access and is it worth it to have it that high up and is the content worth being private?

Maybe controversial but get rid of the patreon and open everything up. There are better ways to monetize the site to keep it running. Setup adsense or something like that you'll not only get more than you would from the patreon (based on the traffic) and you're not restricting the user base unnecessarily

ThongKing

Staff member
Site Owner
Mod
Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I will probably get rid of the Level 70 section.

Also everything apart from the celebrity video section is open which is fair I think. Especially as I put in quite a lot of effort tracking down the films/ tv shows and editing (slom-mo, zooms ect).
I have tried to use adverts but even at this site's peak, non pop up ads make around $0.05 a day so not really worth having them. Pop up/under ads make slightly more but everyone (understandably) hates them.

I think a lot of people forget that is costs me money every month to run this site and extra money to pay someone to fix site issues for example $300 recently to fix the site.
I enjoy running the site and seeing great content here so I try not to mention the costs any more and leave it up to the members to see if they want to support the site by using Patreon.

Last edited:

ThongKing

Staff member
Site Owner
Mod
Update 3 (08/11/17):
  • Fixed the search function (finally)
  • Fixed the 'New posts' function - Members can now click the 'new posts' button to see the latests posts
  • Fixed the 'Find latest posts/threads' function - Members can now go on a members profile and find their latest posts and threads

Last edited:

ThongKing

Staff member
Site Owner
Mod
Update 4 (23/11/17):
  • Inactive Level 70 Section removed

Last edited:

ThongKing

Staff member
Site Owner
Mod
Update 5 (21/01/18):
  • Celebrity Leaked Photos and Videos Section Added
  • The password is the same as the Celebrity Thong Videos and Private Section
  • You can get the password HERE

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1701

The search button does not work on my mobile on the vbulletin site.