VS is in big financial trouble!

indyfan25

Anybody else see the reports that VS is almost losing money. The article says Amazon and Aerie are hurting Pink's market share. They also said they have based alot of their stores in malls that are disappearing and that they are having to offer too many promotions to get people into the stores. I don't ever buy panties unless they are 7 for 28.

Do you think VS could ever go out of business? I wonder if this is why reviews of the new v string cotton panties say look cheaper because they are trying to make cheaper panties. I only buy VS, this would be sad.

irthonger

Mod
Market share shouldn't really matter. They will just have to start laying off people to cut costs. Maybe even change sales strategies like offering more things on an official Amazon store. I personally do not want the brick and mortar places to disappear but what are you going to do.

Gbanger

Bah! Damn Amazon ruining everything with their damn cheap Chinese crap! It's upsetting to me too that Aerie is seemingly doing well because they are not a brand associated with thongs. In fact, I feel like they market themselves as the option for women who don't want their underwear up their butt all the time.

Obviously brick and mortar stores are a thing of the past, but it would suck if lingerie stores went exclusively online. It's so fun to go shopping with a girl to Victoria's Secret. It's an experience that cannot be replicated online.

I know we all feel a loyalty to Victoria's Secret too because that company is probably most responsible for making thong underwear mainstream. At least here in the US, pretty much all the women we love got their start wearing thongs from Victoria's Secret. We gotta keep this company alive!

some guy

Anybody else see the reports that VS is almost losing money. The article says Amazon and Aerie are hurting Pink's market share. They also said they have based alot of their stores in malls that are disappearing and that they are having to offer too many promotions to get people into the stores. I don't ever buy panties unless they are 7 for 28.

Do you think VS could ever go out of business? I wonder if this is why reviews of the new v string cotton panties say look cheaper because they are trying to make cheaper panties. I only buy VS, this would be sad.

That's the problem, their quality has gone down. They don't even sell triangle-back v-strings anymore. All the reviews say the new v-string is shit.

They can charge higher prices, but just give me quality.