Like Button

ThongKing

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know what happened to the like button?
My yearly contract ran out, does anyone use the like button a lot and really want it?

As it costs me money to renew it and I don't want to do that if not many people use/want it

clthong

Ah I see, I personally think it's a cool little feature to have but yeah if it's expensive that's understandable

ThongKing

Administrator
Staff member
It's not too expensive, vbulletin is a bit of a nightmare to use for me, there are unoffical rep systems and things like that but they require a complicated installation process.

x20

My yearly contract ran out, does anyone use the like button a lot and really want it?

As it costs me money to renew it and I don't want to do that if not many people use/want it
I use it a lot, I think its a good way to show appreciation when you are too busy to write a reply or can't come up with a good reply at the moment. Its also nice to see if my own posts get likes so i get motivated to post more.

Re: Like-Button

I do miss the button, it helps to figure out what I looked at, does the web master need a donation to help with its return?

Scott

Re: Like-Button

I do miss the button, it helps to figure out what I looked at, does the web master need a donation to help with its return?
More of a debate about whether it was used/needed and whether that equaled the expense. I don't think it was about the money. Also, use the "New Posts" link to see things you've yet to look at.

Last edited:

RBX

I think it's a good addition. There are many users which are too lazy or shy to comment but are more than willing to hit like. Sometimes a handful of likes is all one needs as encouragement to keep on posting.

clthong

If nothing else the like button is good for seeing what type of content people like the most when you post an update. The rep system is a cool idea too!

ThongKing

Administrator
Staff member
I really like the rep sytem as well but I have no idea how to get a system like that on this site. If anyone can find a step by step guide I would be happy to give it a go.

I will also try and get the like button working again this week.

Scott

I really like the rep sytem as well but I have no idea how to get a system like that on this site. If anyone can find a step by step guide I would be happy to give it a go.

I will also try and get the like button working again this week.
Looks like it is under "vBulletin Options" and you should see "User Reputation"????

ThongKing

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the help guys. The rep system is now in place.

To give positive or negative rep click the black star underneath a person's post.

(Also I will get the like button fixed soon)

Henry112

G-String-Lover
But: where can I See the reputation of other members? For example: Scott got 10 reputations to his post. Am I able to see them?