Scarlett Johansson Thong

nbelfast

It is there at the 1:30:15 mark but it is very faint. You need at least the 720p version or higher to see it. It is right after she slaps his shoes off of the table like Dhavid said.

okbuddywow

Where is the thong slip from the movie Match point where they kissed in a field in the rain? I've watched the movie and never seen that before.

papaya

Here are some shots (biggest resolutions I've found), quite easy to find via Google:

In my opinion, the thong picture (production still) is NOT a fake. You can clearly see the pressings from the thong on her skin. Who would spend such an effort for a Photoshop manipulation? Additionally, this picture is hosted on many movie websites.
Interestingly, in the second picture (final movie scene) nothing is visible anymore. Probably she just took that thong off or changed her underwear.

tuzenbakh

This shot has always fascinated me...there's so many people working on movie sets, there's no way that a thong could be that on display and not have been picked up.

Thats why I've always thought it was photoshopped...it's just so out there it can't be an accident.

But as you say, its also on a lot of movie sites. So if it did really happen, only thing I can think is they deliberately filmed it like that, kept the still, but then for whatever reason in post-production, didn't want it anymore and reverted to what is now the final version.

bathhouseman2

Here are some shots (biggest resolutions I've found), quite easy to find via Google:

In my opinion, the thong picture (production still) is NOT a fake. You can clearly see the pressings from the thong on her skin. Who would spend such an effort for a Photoshop manipulation? Additionally, this picture is hosted on many movie websites.
Interestingly, in the second picture (final movie scene) nothing is visible anymore. Probably she just took that thong off or changed her underwear.

Looks like they removed the thong digitally in the second pic

Cr2606

Interesting. As it wasn't in the movie, I'd always assumed it was photoshopped. I'd read similar thing on other sites too. Seems strange she'd allow it, she seems to not want to do scenes like these and wear such revealing clothing, unless it really adds to the film (Under the Skin, for example).

Giggitys4Jiggitys

When do you think thongs were invented?
Well thongs are one of the oldest forms of clothing really. So I’d probably say they were rudimentarily invented around the time human civilization began to exist. Now the modern g-string was invented in an effort to obey a law put in place by NYC mayor LaGuardia in the 1930s that required strippers to cover their intimate parts. I guess it slowly started to catch on after that