Why are thongs so hot?

cheesewiz

For me it’s a confidence thing. So has to be a level of confidence or acceptance in your body to wear something as revealing as that (even when it’s under something it’s usually pretty obvious) or just go about your daily business in something so sexualised, thongs are synonymous with sex in the same way a suspenders are I suppose.

After reading the other responses it disappearing up a girls ass is super sexy but probably not part of initial appeal for me.
I do love how they “frame” an ass and I often play with it stoke how it sits against my wife’s cheeks as she lays over me giving me a blowjob
Agree with the confidence thing. Girls that wear packaged generic underwear don't care about how they look. Girls who even take the time to pick out each pair of underwear care, and girls that care how their body look and how their underwear accentuates their clothes and style, choose a thong.

I think that's why it was so sexy for me in school, because the girls who wore tight low rise jeans, thongs, and bright push up bras wanted you to look at them, so we looked and we loved what we saw.

As I got older and spotting girls who wore matching thong and bra, you learned they were too high maintenance, girls with ratty thongs were wild and like careless sluts, and girls who only wore thongs that were pink and with stars were cute and fun.

My favorite are girls who only owned thongs because they agreed how comfortable they were and how their butt should look good when they're home alone, at church, on vacation with their grandma, didn't matter, it was a thong way of life. They'd wear them any day and night and that was fucking sexy. None of this "old panties for your period" shit. They'd be at victorias secret every weekend buying another 5 thongs so they could care less if a couple got gross and had to be thrown out.

Teamcooper

Agree with the confidence thing. Girls that wear packaged generic underwear don't care about how they look. Girls who even take the time to pick out each pair of underwear care, and girls that care how their body look and how their underwear accentuates their clothes and style, choose a thong.

I think that's why it was so sexy for me in school, because the girls who wore tight low rise jeans, thongs, and bright push up bras wanted you to look at them, so we looked and we loved what we saw.

As I got older and spotting girls who wore matching thong and bra, you learned they were too high maintenance, girls with ratty thongs were wild and like careless sluts, and girls who only wore thongs that were pink and with stars were cute and fun.

My favorite are girls who only owned thongs because they agreed how comfortable they were and how their butt should look good when they're home alone, at church, on vacation with their grandma, didn't matter, it was a thong way of life. They'd wear them any day and night and that was fucking sexy. None of this "old panties for your period" shit. They'd be at victorias secret every weekend buying another 5 thongs so they could care less if a couple got gross and had to be thrown out.

I agree with most of this. Personally I dress the same whether hanging around the house or going out somewhere. That’s what I look like and I look like that most of the time (in terms of style) and this makes me feel more confident.
I wouldn’t go as far as to say that any type of women or types of underwear mean that they don’t care.
People need to feel comfortable in a variety of environments and at any cost- if generic cotton pants is that thing then fine. My wife quite often is like this and I would much prefer her to feel good in whatever she decides than less attractive in something that forced her to feel sexy in a context where that’s not important to her.
And I’m certainly not interested in women who feel they deserve to be looked at.

gnoht

When a woman feels the need to wear thongs because of societal pressure, despite finding them uncomfortable, that's super hot. The idea of a girl thinking "well my friends are wearing them and I see them all over social media, so I should wear them too" is a huge turn on.

Teamcooper

When a woman feels the need to wear thongs because of societal pressure, despite finding them uncomfortable, that's super hot. The idea of a girl thinking "well my friends are wearing them and I see them all over social media, so I should wear them too" is a huge turn on.

sometimes I think this and sometimes I don’t. The idea of someone decided that’s who she is (or wants to wear for a certain reason) is surely better? But then again, thongs are always great no matter the context.

a few months ago I was going out for a few hours and left a lace bra Leyte and matching thong on my wife’s dressing table before I left.
when I got back I was welcomed to “I guess because I’m wearing these really uncomfortable pants that you want sex?!”
yeah, she was right!

Q_Q

1) How it looks. We all agree it simply looks amazing and totally sexy. Much has been said about before about this aspect.

2) The sexual attitude of girls who wear thongs: Now what makes thongs very special to me, is the attitude of girls who wear thong. Don't believe a girl who tells you, she wears thongs only due to practical reasons (e.g. to avoid pantylines, etc.). Of course this might be the case in some rare exceptions, and of course on some occasions girls might in fact opt for a thong due to practical reasons. But to become a thong-wearer in the first place, a girl has to be sexually active (in at least some way) and sexually open. Boring girls or girls who are very conservative towards sex usually wouldn't choose to wear thongs - not even on occasions in which they are by no doubt the best choice. They would instead go for ugly nude coloured no-show panties or they just don't care about their horrible granny-panty VPL.

So this means, a girl doesn't choose to wear thongs for no reasons. You simply don't opt for that kind of skimpy underwear, that shows off your butt and body in such a tempting way without any intentions. Girls who decided to wear thongs want (or are at least interested in) to get fucked. A girl who chooses that kind of provocative underwear thinks about sex and getting her pussy filled with some nice and hard cock. Now this doesn't mean she's a slut who is willing to be fucked by just any guy - she could as well just be fantasizing about her crush or about her boyfriends or husbands cock. But it should be clear to this point, that she does have at least some sexual intentions. And I think thats incredible hot. If you see a girl in public, flashing her thong or wearing leggings that show some nice VTL its just like a sign that says: 'Yes, I like to get fucked and I'm craving for your or someone elses cock!"

As I said before, girls who wear thongs don't tend to be too shy or conservative when it comes to sex. They aren't girls who only have sex in missionary position while the light is switched off (cos if she didn't want to show off - she hadn't worn a thong in the first place). Again this doesn't mean, she's a total nympho, but shes almost definetely open for some fun. She probably likes giving blowjobs, that includes swallowing cum or taking a nice load on her face, she also might enjoy taking it doggystyle, dirty talk, getting tied-up, etc. What I want to say is this: If you think of girls who wear thongs, you wouldn't expect them to be closed-minded or boring when it comes to sex - and actually they seldom are. Coming back to what I mentioned earlier, this makes the sighting of a whaletail or something similar even more sexy. Cos you can be pretty sure, a girl who wears thongs loves to get fucked and you can imagine how she looks on her knees with a cock in her mouth, or on all fours, while she's getting her pussy pumped.

Now keeping all that in mind, I think it's incredible sexy and a huge turn-on for me to see (or even just to know), that a girl wears thongs. Sometimes I imagine how those girls go to the store to buy underwear. There are shelves with all kinds of underwear - but she goes for the thongs. The most skimpy undies that show off her butt in the most tempting way - the same kind of underwear strippers are wearing. She opts for this kind of underwear because she wants to be sexy. She wants to be sexy because she likes to tease or to attract Guys in order to get her pussy filled with cock at a later point. I don't claim she's even fully aware of this in the moment she's buying thong underwear. I don't expect girls to actively think about the relation between wearing thongs and the need of getting fucked. But I think the thought of getting fucked is somewhere in her mind when she chooses the thong. The same goes for the situation when a girls stands before her drawer in the morning and has to pick the underwear she'll be wearing on that day. She might either think 'I'm feeling sexy today, so I'm gonna wear a thong' or she might as well not think about anything and just grap a thong - but the fact that she doesn't think about getting fucked in this moment, doesn't mean she didn't when she bought them.

Its because all of this, that thongs are extremely hot. And thats also why I think its very sexy if ordinary, nerdy, girl-next-door kind of type, or very tough and sporty girls like world-class athletes, etc. choose to wear thongs (of course I've got the good-looking ones in mind). Cos if you see the slutty girl wearing a thong it can still be very hot of course - but you'd expected her to wear such kind of underwear, it simply isn't much of a surprise. But if you happen to see the thong of a girl from the categories mentioned above, it is everything but sure that she's a thong-girl. She could just as well only wear panties or bikini briefs. But now that you saw and you know she wears thongs, you also know another thing with a high degree of certainty: She's eager of getting fucked! And she's craving for cock! Simply hot!

gnoht

Sort of off topic but one of the reasons why I think thongs are so hot is how they look on skinny girls. I guess they tend to look better on thick chicks but I love the idea of a thinner woman wearing them and feeling uncomfortable. It’s a a submissive thing, very hot

ThatOneGuy01

Part of the appeal for me is definitely the aesthetics of a girl's butt in a thong. Thongs not only show more of the ass but also shape it well, and make it look better with clothing as well. The other reason thongs are sexy for me is the naughtiness of them, basically. Maybe I'm wrong, but I see a girl who wears thongs to have a naughty side somewhere. I think you have to want to feel sexy to wear a thong, particularly the really sexy ones. I get that girls will sometimes say that getting rid of panty lines is the main reason they wear thongs but if that were the case every girl would just wear basic nude colored plain looking thongs, they wouldn't be shelling out 15 or 20 dollars to get a sexy VS or La Senza thong. The whale tail look to me is also really sexy, particularly if it seems accidental. Not only are you getting to see part of a girls ass and her sexy undies but to me it just signals "this girl has a sexy side". Also, part of the appeal of the whaletail to me is that you are seeing something naughty that you aren't supposed to see. You probably weren't meant to see that sexy black lace thong poking out of some cute girl's jeans, and that makes it like a naughty secret revealed. I guess it's a bit of a voyeuristic thrill for me in that way.

willie44

I agree that a thong totally accents a girls butt (like a picture frame around a nice piece of art). Also a girls thong kind of tells her personality (the color, design, style, brand, material, etc.) says a lot about her. I personally enjoyed dating girls that didn't match the color of their bra and thong; to me girls that didn't match seemed more spontaneous.

cheesewiz

Totally agree that thongs accentuate a girls butt, big or small, especially considering how grannie panties totally do the opposite and makes me wonder how they are popular with any age. I guess girls now who don't wear thongs wear boyshorts which atleast define your two buttcheeks where bikinis dont.
That's my biggest problem with my friend's bikinis that they swim in, they totally give them diaper butt.

Also thongs for me is how clothing trends favor thongs. Wedgie fit jeans, those thin boho pants that let your butt jiggle all over, leggings. none would be possible or should be possible to wear without a thong and I love that designers take that into consideration.

kimmythong

Mod
I like the aesthetic aspect of thongs, but I also like the attitude of thong wearers. There was a time when thongs were taboo, and yet there were girls who still wore them. These girls didn't care what others had to say, and they were confident and brave enough to wear them. And men find confident women attractive.